8.17.2005

i saw it on tv so it must be true

so i was watching Oprah today and man oh man....it was about hoarders....holy cow...i can so see myself turning into these people! i had a garage sale this past weekend and it was like giving my children away! i wanted to hug and say good bye to each and every little thing someone bought. i kept looking over my stuff sitting out there on that cold impersonal piece of plywood wondering what i could to do it to make it all fit into my life now!

i was once a collector of frogs....i know, it's pretty cliche, but i did it. i had so many cute little frogs...pictures of frogs, all things green were my friend. my whole house was in that pale asian theme that was soooo popular for a while. then....not so much. i started replacing the light oak with dark cherry. i replaced the light moss green with the deep reds and oranges. the frogs went the way of the dinosaurs, the bamboo disappeared. but i still held on to it all. it was in boxes, totes, piles around the house. so when i decided to have a garage sale i thought it was the perfect time to get rid of it all. but who knew i would have separation anxiety about my green plaid shower curtain?? i looked at that shower curtain for twenty minutes before i priced it. i kept thinking i would one day have a spare bathroom and i would regret not having my nice asian stuff. as if that is going to happen. we all know that once i let something go i dont ever look back. right ryan? right zan? right julie, wanda, and jenny? people, things, trends, once i get over it, i never pick it up again. so why oh why did i get a tear when that old smoker lady bought my favorite *five years ago* leopard print lap throw? and why did i tell that chunky woman that my favorite *last year* denim capris wouldnt fit her? i mean come on! that's just mean! luckily she bought them anyway. that three bucks was very well spent on my caramel macchiato later that evening.

so yeah...the moral of this story is this: sell that shit amanda! get rid of it all. you dont want to be an 80 year old woman with 200 cats!