10.09.2005

i am leaving tuesday morning at 6 am for new orleans. i am going for a week with my job and im experiencing a mulititude of feelings about the trip. part of me is nervous about flying on the little rc plane i am scheduled to be on for the hour flight to st louis. another part of me is strangely excited about going back to new orleans, even though i know it's not the same new orleans i only this year came to know and love. another part of me is embarrassingly scared to go into a situation i know nothing about. i know it's stupid and childish, but i feel like i am going into a war zone or something. i am nervous and wondering what i need to take with me and am i safe? i know it's stupid, i do, but the fear is real nonetheless. i am only hoping that when i get there it will all go away and i will be my normal fearless self...or at least be able to pretend to be that person.

anyone have any idea what i can expect?